Owner and Operator of Karen’s Cookies, LLC
- Manage day-to-day functions of business including hiring and supervising employees, customer service, overseeing out-going orders, purchasing, and managing inventory
- Development of new product, seeking and researching new products, and creating and maintaining relationships with partners and suppliers
2006 – Present
Organizer and Producer of CookieCon – Cookie Art Convention and Show
- Created and currently run the CookieCon convention, which accommodates over 500 attendees from across the country and all over the world
- Establish and maintain all professional relationships needed for operation of convention, including those with vendors, exhibitors, employees, sponsors, professional staff, partners, presenters, venue managers, and instructors
- Marketing, communicating, and enrolling for hundreds of attendees
- Development and maintenance of CookieCon web site, including newsletters, online payments, updating information, and all graphic design and coding
2012 – Present
Owner and Developer – Blue Bug Media
- Contracted with local businesses, fulfilling their need for professional Web development work
- Designed, created, and maintained several Web sites for local businesses and professional individuals
- Created and Actively maintaining local online classifieds Web site
- Partnering and developing strategies with various local businesses to effectively cross-promote services
2005 – 2007
Senior Web Development – Via Training, Inc.
- Actively participated in designing, building, and maintaining successful sales training Web sites for such clients as Hewlett-Packard, Intel, Microsoft, Pioneer, Harley Davidson, Motorola, Canon, and more
- Built various sites from ground-up using both original designs and corporate design standards
- Served as an active participant in building solid interactive processes for the company
- Worked on various localization projects in which complete Web sites were translated for various languages and cultures
- Effectively collaborated with producers, designers, writers, engineers, and account managers on a regular basis
- Familiarized myself with technologies such as PHP, JSP, and XML as I worked with software engineers to implement back-end functionality into Web applications
2000 – 2005
- Great interpersonal skills, with extensive experience working and communicating with business partners, employees, suppliers, etc.
- Extensive experience with common desktop applications, including Microsoft Office products
- Seasoned Graphic Designer and Web Developer, with nearly 20 years in the industry
- BYU-Idaho – Rexburg, ID; Software Engineering; 10/’15 – present
- PSU – Portland, OR; Graphic Design and Fine Arts; 8/’00 – 4/’02
- Ricks College – Rexburg, ID; Associate Degree in Arts and Sciences; Graduated: 10/’97
I love being a part of a great team and enjoy the satisfaction that comes from knowing I contribute to the success of an organization. I enjoy problem solving and working through challenges to complete a project.
I am currently enrolled at BYU-Idaho working to finish my bachelor degree in Software Engineering.
My academic career includes studies in education, graphic design, and software engineering.